Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Inspiration

Today I'm laying on the couch in our new house, in the sun room, thinking that I need to feel a little inspiration.  It's been 2 weeks since we lost our baby, and I was feeling a little down.  So, I logged on to Facebook (not looking for inspiration, but just because it's something to fill time) and the first post that came up on my home page (Thank you Heidi Johnson) is a link to a YouTube video of these 2 guys singing the song Hallelujah (see link below).  It seriously gave me chills and made me cry (in a good way for once).  And the BEST part of today was feeling the baby kick while listening to that song!!!!! Then I started thinking about other things that inspire me, and I just started writing a list.  So, I thought I would share my list with you, encouraging you to share things that inspire you, I'd love to see/hear them :) 

Things that inspire me:
  1. My nephews Dylan and Ian bringing over their play n learn "laptop" so I can play ABC games while I'm laying down. 
  2. Our friends and family coming together to help us move, and then staying to help put away our stuff. 
  3. My cousin Kari making me a "Dory" cake (the one who sang "just keep swimming") on Finding Nemo. 
  4. My mom coming over to take care of me every single day of her spring break (& pretty much every other day, too). 
  5. My parents-in-laws and Uncle Ken and Bren painting our ENTIRE house! 
  6. The thoughts, love, and prayers via email, text, phone call, letters, cards, flowers, drop-ins, food, sent from all around the world. 
  7. My wonderful, amazing husband inspires me every day.  
  8. Listening to this version of Hallelujah
  9. Feeling baby boy Sonnek kick to the above song :) 




I'm sure I'm missing a lot of things, but I think it's a pretty good list for now! 
Love,
Amy

9 comments:

  1. Aw... Reading your list made me think of the Lion King theme song... "Caaaan you feeeel the Loooove toniiiight".... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh Sara, we miss you, too! You need to come for a visit this summer :) xoxo

      Delete
    2. You are an inspiration Amy and Aaron. The whole Johnson family is! I am so happy that baby boy Sonnek kicked you today.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful list Amy! You are an amazing young woman. soon we will plan a night to come and make pad Thai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your inspiration!!! So,so glad to have you close by. I pray for you, Fred and Lil' Fred everyday.
    Just keep swimming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh amy-chan. you've been on my mind. you are so strong and yes, there is still inspiration! much love to your whole family, and especially to you and aaron. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    I think I've read this three times now. I want to come see you and bring you meals and flowers, but since we got back from El Paso, every minute has been spent helping Karleen with her four busy kids. I'll talk with your mom and see what we can do.
    God's blessings to you and your growing family, today and always!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see you all! I've only met 2 of Karleen's kids so far - and that was right after Amara was born! I'm sure we can figure something out...maybe you guys can swing by someday for a little while? Thanks for your prayers and thoughts...Amy

      Delete