Monday, March 19, 2012

Whirlwind

Man, what a whirlwind it's been in the last week or two.  Time has flown by, but at the same time crept ever so slowly as I lay here thinking about what's happened.  I definitely have my good days and bad days.  After we lost our precious little baby last week, I was put on strict bed rest at first (only getting up to go the bathroom) and now I've graduated to modified bed rest (I can take a shower, go to the bathroom, get myself something to eat/drink, etc), but have to stay in bed as much as possible.  My family has been SO amazing, I can't even begin to thank them enough.  And my wonderful husband Aaron; he has been such a strong rock for me,  through all our shared tears and frustration, he has been so supportive and loving, grieving our lost baby while being strong at the same time and always looking forward.  I am so thankful for family and friends, there are just no words to express the love we've been given, and I want everyone out there to know that we FEEL YOUR PRAYERS, so thank you thank you so very much, it means the world to us, and keep them coming!  What's ahead - I have a dr appointment this Thursday to check on things - they'll do an ultrasound to make sure our little one is still doing good.  Our doctor gave us a milestone/benchmark of making it to 24 weeks (I'm 18 weeks today so that's 6 weeks), but of course we want to make it longer than that!   Because of what's happened, the chances of losing the other baby are slightly increased, but at 24 weeks babies can survive on their own, outside the womb, which is why I'm taking it easy and doing everything possible to keep baby safe and happy inside my tummy.   Okay, off to take a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Many thoughts as you move forward in this journey...xoxo! Love you AJ, Aaron and baby boy Sonnek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts are with you through this bittersweet time. If there is anything you need please let us know. Sending your little boy the strength he needs to fight!

    Love, The Roth's

    ReplyDelete