Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ufda

Stemming from Scandanavian-American roots, Ufda frequently translates into: I am overwhelmed  I just got back from my latest check-up and considering all my body has been through in the last 2 weeks, everything is looking pretty good and our little baby boy Sonnek was waving away at me and doing little flips on the ultra-sound monitor, which was the best thing I could've seen, it completely lifted my spirits.  There is nothing better than that, period.  I wish Aaron could've been there to see it with me, but there will be MANY MANY more ultrasounds coming up (every 2 weeks), so plenty of chances to see our little guy :)  So, the doctor said I still need to take it easy, which means more laying around for me in the days ahead, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep him safe and sound and happy.  I'm a little bummed because we had a family weekend planned at a cabin up on the north shore on Lake Superior next weekend, but I won't be able to go as the closest medical facility is over 2 hours away.  I'm pretty sure Grand Marais and Lutsen don't have a neonatal care unit.  There will be other chances though, so no big deal.  My doctor also said I haven't been gaining enough weight, so I've been given the challenge to gain 3 lbs in the next 2 weeks...think I can do it?  I've been trying to come up with a list of recipes/foods that would help me in my challenge...any ideas would be more than welcome!  (Besides the obvious triple mac whoppers, etc). 

My girlfriends Holly, Heather and Nissa are bringing dinner over tonight, they're bringing appetizers: baked spinach and artichoke dip, cream cheese pickle-roll-ups, and Steph's famous bagel dip, along with Heather's giant stash of chick-flick movies, so I'm really looking forward to that.  I'm finally feeling up to visitors, which helps break up the day.  My brother Aaron brought my nephews Dylan and Ian over yesterday, which always brings a smile to my face.  I love them so much! Thanks everyone for your continued love & support!

 
Here is a picture of our little guy at 18 weeks 3 days...if you look close you can see his little arm waving...enjoy!


11 comments:

  1. Just start adding bacon to everything. It makes everything better, right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Good idea, Sara! My mom has been frying up bacon at her house and bringing it over cuz I love to eat it but I can't stand the smell of it cooking:)

      Delete
  2. And cupcakes, I'm bringing cupcakes! Don't worry, I didn't bake them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks beautiful! Guess I need more imagination on the waving part . . . I'd be more than willing to do a fat transfer, but not sure how that would work. I'd be happy . . .
    Dropping off some baby stuff this weekend--sounds like you have more than enough people to keep you upbeat. Have to figure out where you live now!!
    Love, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me your address and ill send you some proper chocolate that may help! :-) so glad the little one is doing well and keeping the 3 of you in my prayers love drama Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Baby boy Sonnek (insert wave here)! Love Aunt Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Boy Sonnek looks just Precious!!!!! We can see the wave! We thank everyone for their prayers and thoughtfulness. We can't wait to see how baby Sonnek grows!! Love You guys so very much,Dad and Mom Sonnek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to have a blog! Keep the little guy safe! Dylan and Ian are available anytime for visits to cheer you up! Stillwater's very close to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just keep praying for Lil'Fred and you, so glad to hear the good report today!! One of these days I'll have to go with to see him wave at Grandma Kathy!!!
    Love you guys so much!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could be there.. dumb cold. Add bacon to the cheeseburger soup! That could be yummy... hmmm... I may join you on your challenge;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy,
    I am sad for your loss and excited for your joy of a baby boy. We are all praying for you! Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete