Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lots of good news!

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd post an update after our amazingly awesome Doctor appointment yesterday!  First of all, baby boy Sonnek is doing great, they did a level II ultrasound, which means they take 90 minutes to look at every single detail of the womb, the baby, measurements, weight, etc.  He's growing perfectly, in fact he's even a week past his gestational age of 21 weeks.  He weighs 1 lb and he's tall and skinny, and very active!  I'm starting to feel more and more of his little flutter kicks, too!  There were no signs of uteran infection, the amniotic sac tear has sealed up (oh yeah, my water sprung a leak about a month ago, a condition known as PROM, premature rupture of membranes), and I even gained 5 pounds in the last 2 and a 1/2 weeks, which is 2 pounds over my goal!  So, all the bed rest and homemade meals, love and prayers paid off and I'm just so thankful to finally have a good dr appointment.  So, so thankful.

Second of all, I'm officially off of bed rest, but still need to take it easy, as my pregnancy is still considered high-risk, but I even got the okay to walk around the block when I'm feeling up to it!  It seems so odd to start doing normal every day things, it felt great to do a load of laundry this morning (and I'm sure Aaron will be happy about that, too), take a long shower, make my own food, and load the dishwasher.  The dr says my body will tell me when I need to take a rest or slow down, but she said it's about time I start enjoying my pregnancy:)  And I plan on it! 

So, the next pregnancy milestone is just 3 weeks away - that's when I'll be 24 weeks (the age where babies can technically live outside the womb), and then the next big one is 28 weeks (when babies can survive and usually do pretty well)  I plan on taking it easy, and try to enjoy my pregnancy as much as possible by doing 'normal' pregnancy things like talking about names, thinking about the nursery, and all those things I've been a little scared of thus far.  We're not out of the woods yet, but we're getting closer and closer every day this baby stays inside me :)

A few pics...
Belly Bump - 5 months
Baby Sonnek profile shot, with his right hand up by his head
Little cute feet!


12 comments:

  1. Amy that's awesome! Congrats on all the wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, AJ. So glad for you. It's funny how much their ultra sound profile really does look like them. I realized that after Harper was born. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Your belly is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't stopped smiling since I heard the good news!!!! The poor girl at the bread shop I was at when Amy called probably wonders what is wrong with me--crying and smiling at the same time!! I know you are not out of the woods, yet, but like you said every day is a bit closer!! So, let's just enjoy this.
    Love to you, Fred and Lil'fred!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story! We're so happy for you and your family! I think of my belly at that age and it was totally beautiful. Now, not so much . . . But enough about me. Will try and get over to your new home next week, but will call first. Love you!!!!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad and Mom SonnekApril 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

    Wonderful News Aaron and Amy! So exciting to see the little guy growing so fast,what a blessing! You take care Amy and please do keep sitting in the sunroom and relaxing,its ok you will be busy very soon. Love You ,Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This news just made my heart sing!!! And now my eyes are tearing up...no one is more deserving of an amazingly awesome doctor's appointment then you and Aaron. LOVE that you are off official bed rest, LOVE the pictures, and LOVE the idea of you thinking about names, the nursery, and enjoying the flutters of little baby Sonnek. Ongoing prayers, Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy,
    We continue to pray for you every day and are overjoyed with this wonderful progress report. We are asking God to send his blessings and graces to you and your family and this amazing time of your lives! Love, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing news guys. I think someone was chopping onions in here. We know what an overwhelming relief it is to get positive news after holding your breath for so long. Keep that little fella in there for just while longer and for goodness sake, start thinking of names! You never know how soon they might be here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it just the best feeling to breathe that sigh of relief! I am so, SO glad to hear your great news! I have been thinking of you a lot lately Amy, I don't know exactly how you are feeling, but have gone through similar situations and know just how HARD it is. Keep your spirits up, and don't get too crazy now that you are off bed rest, you want him in there as long as possible. NICU's can do great things but your belly is still the best place for him to grow! I know you have a great support team but if you ever have questions feel free to message me or call.
    Kirsten :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice note, Kirsten! I know you've been through the ringer, too and I'll for sure let you know if I have any questions :) Your boys are SO cute! They inspire me!

      Delete