Friday, June 15, 2012

C-section date set!

We have pretty exciting news, we've set the c-section date for Tuesday, July 31st - that's only a little over 6 weeks away!  It kind of took us by surprise at our last dr appointment when the nurse said, "well, we should probably start looking at dates to have this baby and get in on the calendar".  Our team of doctors recommended I deliver at 37 weeks due to all the complications, which we are fine with.  It's obviously not my first choice (a natural delivery whenever the baby decides to come), but as long as he's healthy and the doctor's feel it's the right choice, and we're comfortable with it, then I think we should be good to go.  Aaron and I keep saying to each other "it seems so real now"! --- not that it didn't seem real before, it's just different when there is a big ol' circle on the calendar with "BABY TIME - 1:30pm" scribbled in huge red letters.  We couldn't be more excited to meet this little guy, and we've been working away at getting the house ready for his arrival...

Project #1 - Nursery closet shelves
Aaron has been quite the wood worker lately, he bought a hand-me-down wood table saw and has been working away at building this amazing shelving system for the nursery closet - it's finished now and it turned out great, wouldn't you agree?!  Now I can go buy more cute little outfits for baby :) haha
Aaron's custom-built nursery shelves! (the other side of the closet is identical)


Project #2 - the "perfect" sound track for baby's arrival
I've been working on putting together some songs to play in the operating room to welcome baby to the world.  When we took a hospital tour last week, the nurse that showed us around said a lot of couples do this to help relax and also to diffuse the sounds (euuuw) and make us feel more comfortable.  Needless to say, I loved the idea.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them :)  preferably no heavy metal, hard rock, or gangsta rap please....we want happy music! 

and a very special thank you to Kelly Martinka for helping me with this project :) 

All that said, I do realize this little guy could come at any time now, and we may not have the perfect birth soundtrack ready, the shelves plump full of the cutest and softest baby clothes, diapers bought, or hospital bag packed, but that's okay - we'll welcome this little guy with all the love he needs.

Thank you all for your continued love and prayers,
Amy and Aaron 


8 comments:

  1. that's wonderful news Amy. You can make a blend of essentials oils for your c-scar now. When it is closed you can begin to apply it. @ 3 weeks later. It will help diminish the scar and bring back feeling to that area.
    Do you like James Galway music? soothing...
    Happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! What essential oils should I buy and where do I get them? And I'll check out James Galway :)

      Delete
  2. I put it on my calendar as soon as brother Aaron told me! It's not long now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem so much more real now!!! That date on the calendar is so wonderful to look at!!!
    All I truly know is that when and where it happens doesn't matter as much as how much this little guy will be loved by the most amazing parents!! You both have so much love and care in your hearts!
    I love you all, and will be there for you, whenever and always......
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Baby, Amy Grant (1991)
    Baby Come Back, Player (1978)
    Baby Don't Go, Sonny & Cher (1965)
    Baby Hold On, Eddie Money (1978)
    Baby, I Love You, The Ronettes (1964)
    Baby, I Love Your Way, Peter Frampton (1976)
    Baby, I'm-a Want You, Bread (1971)
    Baby, It's You, The Shirelles (1962)
    Baby Love, The Supremes (1964)
    Baby, What a Big Surprise, Chicago (1977)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Amy & Aaron - I put it on my calendar too! Don't know what kind of music, just don't play the "Barney" song - you will never get it out of your head!! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. He will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

    ReplyDelete