Tuesday, May 29, 2012

28 weeks and lots to think about...

Well, we've officially made it to our 2nd major milestone of 28 weeks!  Baby boy is kicking away and doing great!  But it feels a little bittersweet to be honest, as I get closer and closer to the due date, I can't help but think more and more of our sweet little baby that we lost.  I look ahead 10 weeks and wonder what the birth day will be like, will it be mostly happy with a little bit of sadness, bittersweet, difficult or pure joy?  I'm sure it will be a mixed bag of emotions, that's for sure.  We met with a birth plan counselor today who helps parents in similar situations deal with their emotions, questions, and helped us form a birth plan for when that day arrives (most likely late July or early August).  She was extremely supportive and caring, we're both so glad we met with her, she really helped calm our nerves, was able to answer our questions and provide much needed guidance at this time.  But man oh man, it was REALLY difficult to talk about it, that's for sure.  But she said that moms who cry are good moms so I can definitely check that one off the list!  I've been trying so hard to focus all my positive energy into baby A and keeping him safe and sound, the other stuff kind of slipped away for a little while.  But Aaron and I feel it's really important to keep a positive attitude, while at the same time acknowledging all that's happened and like I always say..."just keep swimming"! 


Here's a photo of Aaron and I from our maternity photo shoot that we did Mother's Day weekend with Ben and Emilie (they are due June 30!!!), it was such a fun day! Thank you Wink Photography!


Love you all and thank you so so much for your continued love and prayers :) xoxoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. HI Amy, I am so glad and proud of you. Hearing the good news brings a smile to my face. I think of you both often and I pray all is well. I hope your doing well in your new environment, house etc. I am overjoyed baby A is doing as well as he is. Tell Aaron hello. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.
    Sincerely,
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae, thanks for the message :) Hope you're doing well, too! - Amy

      Delete
  2. Amy,
    We are all crying along with you. And we will laugh with you and sing with you and dance with you and live life with you! You are in such a great place in that you have an amazing family to support you! Thinking of all three of you!!
    Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara - can't wait to see you soon :) xo

      Delete
  3. Soooooooo glad the appt went well today! And that she was so helpful and supportive.

    Absolutely LOVE your belly photo. Its perfect!

    xoxo,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy!!! My tears are falling, too. But mixed in there with such love and joy for that little guy that is thriving! I, too grieve with you and for you. And Sara is so right-we are there for you and will sing and dance and cry with you!!!
    My love will never end--please feel it and know it!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron and Amy,We are all so thankful that baby A is gooding well.
    We will never forget baby B,and know it is an Angel watching over
    baby A and you both. We love you guys so very much.
    Love, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad they have the kind of support you need. It's so hard to relate to the feelings and emotions--one can only imagine. What a great gift to be able to talk with someone to allay your fears and allow you to grieve as necessary. Must be very scary to not know exactly how you'll react, but though sad, I suspect that baby boy will help take the pain away as soon as he starts wailing! Thankful you're having something of a normal pregnancy right now! Looking forward to seeing you at the shower!
    Love, Lee

    ReplyDelete