Monday, August 19, 2013

Lil' Abe's 1st birthday party

It's such a milestone, baby's first birthday - maybe more for parents than anyone else.  I have to admit, I was VERY emotional that week, ufda!  The party turned out just wonderful.  We had initially planned a big water splash theme with kiddie pools, water balloons and slip n slides - but the weather didn't exactly cooperate with high's in the lower 70's and clouds all morning, so we decided to scratch that and just wing it.  It ended up being a gorgeous day as the clouds parted and the sun came out right before everyone arrived, so we moved everything outside.  I made Abe's favorite food - Cottage Pie and my mom helped me make his first cake, which by the way, turned out looking more like a salmon-colored mutant pig than a cute little nemo fish...haha - oh well!  We had such a lovely day, I wouldn't of changed a thing.

Mama, Daddy, and Lil' Abe before all the guests arrive
Opening some gifts from friends and family - he even reads the card! ha!
I got a play tunnel from my buddies Euan and Tait!
I sure do love playing with my cousin Lilou!
What do I do with this thing, mom?
Oh, I guess it tastes pretty yummy!
Let me take my hat off so I can really dig in...
One outfit change later and I'm ready to play with my new toys, oh, and see my new cool-guy hat?!
Mama said we made a BIG mess, but I don't care - I had fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment