Monday, May 7, 2012

2 pounds, tall and skinny!

Hi everyone, I'm 25 Weeks Today!
Hey Y'all,
It's been a couple weeks since I last posted, so I thought I'd send out an update after just having returned from a doctor appointment.  First of all, most of you know this- but we made it to our first major milestone of 24 weeks!  I'm 25 weeks today, things are still looking great, baby boy Sonnek is measuring in the 67th percentile for size, he's about 12 inches long, weighs 2 pounds (about the size of a small chuck roast is how they referenced it), I plan on checking that out at the grocery store this afternoon, haha!  He's very very active still, and using my tummy as a pushing off board, so yes, I can feel him a lot now, which I absolutely love!  Aaron loves it too, he gets the biggest smile on his face when he can feel him kick :)   The concern now is that I have complete Placenta Previa, which means I'll have to have a scheduled c-section, and possibly a short hospital stay before-hand, depending on how things go over the next couple months.  But after all we've been though so far in this pregnancy, a c-section just doesn't seem like a huge deal, and the doctors are keeping an eye on it very closely, so I'm not too worried. 

What's next?
  • We ordered a crib, changing table, and dresser for the nursery, so Aaron is looking forward to some major furniture assembly projects
  • I plan on hitting up some garage sales with my mom for baby clothes
  • My fabulous sister-in-law Emilie (she's 32 weeks preggo) and I are going to do a "maternity photo shoot" next Saturday, which should be interesting (it was free, so we decided to go for it). 
I want to thank everyone for your continued prayers and thoughts, they're working!!! Woo-hoo!
xoxo,
Amy and Aaron

6 comments:

  1. Great news kiddos! He sounds like a little fighter too! Wonder what to expect when he comes out kicking!!!!

    Ahhhhhh, garage sales . . .
    Love ya, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly know what to say! I am so overjoyed at the good news!! And will continue to pray for all 3 of you!!!
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and MomSonnekMay 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

    We are so thankful with the good news!!! We can't wait to come up and see you again.It is so much fun helping with the house, so it is all ready for little baby boy. God Bless you all.Lots of Love, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, I just read part of your blog...I am sorry for your loss earlier on. I'm sure it was difficult. I love the title of your blog and the meaning behind it. Congratulations on your little boy! I hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy. ~ Jeena Pereira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeena! Nice to hear from you :) hope you're well!

      Delete